The class is divided into two sections. A classroom section and a range proficiency section.
The classroom portion is 4 to 6 hours long and ends with a short 25 question test. Information covered includes:
- Legal aspects of concealed carry in Texas
- Non-violent dispute resolution
- Use of Force and Deadly Force
- Proper Firearms Handling and Storage.
Please bring a pen or pencil with you to class. There is a soft drink machine, but if you want coffee, you will need to bring your own.
DO NOT BRING YOUR FIREARM or AMMUNITION into the CLASSROOM. LEAVE IT IN YOUR VEHICLE
Each student will fire a total of 50 rounds at a silhouette target. A score of 175 out of 250 possible points (70 percentile) is required to pass. The shooting will be done from 3 yards (20 rounds), 7 yards (20 rounds) and 15 yards (10 rounds)
- Semi-automatic handgun or a revolver (unloaded) of at least .32 caliber – A handgun or revolver can be rented, if requested in advance.
- Baseball Cap
- Safety Glasses – Can be provided if you do not have any. Prescription glasses are OK.
- Covered Ear Protection – Can be provided
- Footwear that covers both entire feet
- One box of 50 round ammunition
- bottle of drinking water
NO RELOADED HANDLOADED or SURPLUS AMMUNITION ALLOWED. Use commercial ammunition only.